Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Gift Questions...

We all know it is the season of giving, and I am having a million problems finding my wife the perfect gift.  Yet for my wife she doesn't have the same problems I have because she knows what I want, a good hobby box or two under the tree.  I told my wife I wanted a box of Five Star and she laughed.  I guess she read my blog about the Topps Five Star Club because I didn't even tell her the price tag on one of those boxes.  My limit this year is $100, and tonight I went on Blowoutcards.com and tried to come up with a list I could be happy with.  Should I go for quantity or quality this year.  What I mean, should I get a couple hobby boxes of lower end cards like Topps Pro Debut and Heritage, or should I get a box that has more hits but less cards?  I even thought should I buy a bunch of packs from different years and products that equal $100 to get the widest variety of cards but less chances of getting a hit.  After thinking about it, I think I'm going to go the route of getting a box of Heritage Minors and Pro Debut.  They both don't yield the top hits but I think I can get a good mix of prospects and get a few autos too.  Unlike the previous years, I have zero 2012 Heritage Minors or Pro Debut. Before you all say, buying these two items will cost more than $100, I know that.  I am hoping she will a) order and not notice that the prices will total over $100 b) she still orders anyway c) buy me a box of Five Star.  If I was a betting man I would bet she will choose choice b. 


If the chance she shoots down a budget over $100, I guess I could go the route of a box of 2012 Topps Finest.


What do you all think?  Would you play the safe route with the $100 or would you gamble for a bigger hit? 

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Quantity over quality here. Every time I get a big hit it goes up on Ebay so I can buy more cards, which I was going to buy anyway, regardless of getting the hit.

    ReplyDelete

No negative comments please, this blog is for fun and not intended as a business...just a collector giving some views.