Saturday, December 1, 2012

Finally, I Found A Dime Card Box!

I read on many of the blogs guys running into dime card boxes, and I guess these mysterious dime card boxes seem to allude me.  I wasn't looking for it, it wasn't at a card shop, a card show, it was at a ice cream shop of all places.  My son had a 5th grade basketball tournament in a very small town in northern Missouri today, and we had two hours between games so we walked through the town to the local ice cream/general store.  It was in a late 1800s three story brick building in an historic downtown district, and this ice cream was a blast from the past.  In the corner there were some old games and a 5,000 card box labeled 10 for $1.  Most of all that was inside this box was from the years 1987, 1990, and 1991.  Every now and then I would come across something from a different  year.  I was able to pull 30 cards that I didn't have for a grand total of $3!  The 30 cards are below, a good mix from the mid 60s to the mid 2000s:









Now I want to talk about four cards for a second, all from 1979 Topps set (the same year I was born).

 
3 hitting poses with a face full of chew, and one of the ugliest pair of sunglasses ever.  I guess Mark Lee figured he needed matching ugly glasses to go with his ugly brown mustard Padres uniform. Pretty nice to pick up cards when you don't expect too! Good night! 

3 comments:

  1. That is one heckuva hall and for only 3 bucks! I too have yet to find one of those elusive dime boxes but when I do, I think I want to have a roll of dimes ready just to suit the occassion lol...great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That 64 card for a dime is a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice dime box finds!

    Those "Night Gamers" inserts are really neat. And I agree with Jeff, a '64 Topps card for a dime is like highway robbery.

    ReplyDelete

No negative comments please, this blog is for fun and not intended as a business...just a collector giving some views.