Sunday, March 10, 2013

Smoky Burgess Ball$ Have Legs...Here Is Proof!

I have "finally" found a first edition, first print of the book "The Great American Baseball Card, Flipping, Trading, and Bubble Gum Book.  I seen this card listed in the book, but it wasn't what this book said about this card/player that got the wheels in my head working, it was what was deep inside the photo.  In the book it talks about how large and out of shape Burgess was as a catcher, and I figured out how he could catch.  He had very tiny legs for balls!  Just look for the proof on this 1964 Topps card of his.


I wonder how many times since 1964 has collectors looked that deep into this photo.  Now we can say Smoky's balls have legs!

3 comments:

No negative comments please, this blog is for fun and not intended as a business...just a collector giving some views.