Sunday, September 9, 2012

My first baseball cards: 1985 Topps Woolworth (Needs To Reuse This Design!)


The year was 1985, I was just starting first grade living in Enid, OK when I got my first baseball cards.  It just so happened that my first baseballs card I ever owned are considered "oddball" cards.  I did a little research with my parents and they think they bought this 44-card set for $2.99 just before Christmas '85.  Being only six years old, I had little knowledge of baseballs past or present, with the exception of what I had just witnessed in the fall watching the Cards and Royals World Series.  This set of cards was my first time I heard of Willie Mays, Nolan Ryan, and the current rookie phenom Dwight Gooden.


Today this set still isn't worth much, you should be able to find this boxed set for $3-5 online.  Something about the look of the card, it is a basic design but yet it is a very clean and attractive design!  As I do each week I use the best photo program in the world...MS-PAINT!  Here is an example of how I would like to see this card used today!  I randomly picked a player...Congrats Tim Berry, here you are in a 1985 Woolworth Design Baseball Card!


So if by some chance a Topps designer sees this and uses, I would definitely buy these cards!  Does anyone else like this design, or am I the only one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

No negative comments please, this blog is for fun and not intended as a business...just a collector giving some views.