Sunday, November 4, 2012

Last Week's Storm, and Christmas Donations...

I don't know too many people directly affected in last weeks Hurricane/Super storm Sandy, but one person that is known in the blog world and someone many of you bloggers have traded with, Mike at BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet.  I have e-mailed him before and after the storm to make sure that him and his family are safe.  I have finally got a response stating him and his family are alright.  In his email he writes:

"I am lucky, my power came back in a day or 2. I have been working crazy hours at 12-14 per day with a 24 hour shift thrown in on the day of the hurricane. Gas lines are 6 hours long but all in all I am fairly lucky as some people have lost everything, house, cars, jobs, etc"

I am glad to hear he is fine, but I still urge everyone to try to give a donation to the Red Cross:

www.redcross.org

Or you can Text your donation to the Redcross:


Text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10 to American Red Cross Disaster Relief, which helps people affected by disasters such as hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, wildfires and tornadoes.
Please consider making a donation today to help the thousands of people who have been affected by these disasters.
You can make a $10.00 donation to the American Red Cross. Charges will appear on your wireless bill, or be deducted from your prepaid balance. All purchases must be authorized by account holder. Must be 18 years of age or have parental permission to participate. Message and Data Rates May Apply. Text STOP to 90999 to STOP. Text HELP to 90999 for HELP. Full Terms:www.mGive.org/T.
Christmas Donations:
I am going to be looking into putting together a few boxes of cards I don't really need or want anymore to donate to the New York area for Christmas presents for kids who may have lost a collection or everything.  Right now things are hectic in New York, I am going to work this week on getting address and contacts to pass along to everyone who wants to do the same.  I figure if all of us bloggers make a few small boxes each to send to these kids, we can get a good amount for more kids.  Let me know if you want to join me on this and I can get you more information once I get it!
Thank you all for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

No negative comments please, this blog is for fun and not intended as a business...just a collector giving some views.