Saturday, February 2, 2013

COMC Purchase (Helping Me Get Out Of My Funk)

Last week I told the world of my feeling down in the dumps in collecting more so than any other year since I started collecting almost three decades ago.  So I decided to do a few things that could make me feel better.

1.  Go ahead and get together my February Group Break.  CHECK  (still 6 - 3 team spots left...hint hint) 
2.  Since I was not excited about 2013, go online and buy a hobby box.  CHECK
        *My wife cheated and also bought me a blaster yesterday, I'll review tomorrow.
3.  Buy some cards on COMC.  CHECK

Since I haven't broke the group break yet, and haven't got my 2013 Topps box yet, I'm going to go with #3,
HERE IS MY COMC HAUL:

 2005 UD Classics League Leaders Relic - Kevin Mitchell (don't see many Mitchell relics!)

 2005 Just Minors Autographs - Joe Koshansky (Colorado Rockies Prospect)

 2000 SP Top Prospects Chirography - Pat Burrell (no brainier, a Phillie great rookie auto)

 2001 SP Cooperstown Calling Relic - Goose Gossage (my second relic of the HOF Goose)

 2009 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Autograph - Ryan Wheeler (one of the top prospects in the Rockies Farm System)

 2006 Tristar Farm Hands Autograph - Tyler Colvin (my fourth Colvin autograph, had a great season for the Rockies last year, looks to be a starter again for the Rockies this year)

 2002 Sweet Spot Swatches - Jim Edmonds (Great looking relic of a great player!)

 2005 Topps Chrome Autograph - Nate McLouth (once had a huge future, had a few good years, but has bounced around.  Still a great looking FY auto for a decent player)

 2005 Sweet Spot Classic Relic - Eddie Murray (My third Murray Relic, another no brain HOF buy)

 2005 Sweet Spot Classics Relic - Gary Carter (I love all Expos relics, especially Carter)

 2003 EX Behind the Numbers Jersey - Tom Glavine (relic number 5 of my Glavine Relic collection)

 2003 SP Chirography - Scott Rolen (awesome looking Rolen autograph)

 2006 Bazooka Rewind Relic - Hanley Ramirez (One of my favorite Relic cards, plus being a Hanley Red Sox card isn't bad either)

 2001 Studio Warning Track - Manny Ramirez (A GAME USED WALL!?  Not a player I typically collect, but how could I turn away a game used wall card)

 2009 UD Signature Stars Top Prospects Autograph - Jhoulys Chacin (a Rockies starting pitcher, just signed a two year extension for the Rox)

 2005 Bazooka Fun Fact Relic - Wally Joyner (I love a lot of the Bazooka Relic designs, this is another.  This is my second Joyner relic!)

 2006 UD ovation Spotlight Signature - Jorge De La Rosa (one of the best pitchers on the Rockies staff, but has been battling injuries the past year.  A great autograph from his rookie year.)

 2002 UD Sweet Spot Swatches - Scott Rolen (Second Rolen on tonights list.  He has had a great career, but was cut down by injuries.  I love the swatch!)

 2000 Topps Gallery Autographs - Ben Petrick (One of my all time favorite Rockies, A top tier prospect who had is career was cut short by Parkinson's Disease.)

 2009 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Autograph - Tim Wheeler (second Wheeler on my list, this one is Tim, another top prospect in the Rockies Farm System.)

 2005 Topps Chrome Update Autograph - Chaz Roe (a former Rockies 1st round pick, though has never made the majors.)

 2002 Leaf Shirt Off My Back Relic - John Olerud (My first Olerud relic, a must have!)

 2005 UD Sweet Spot Classic Relic - Mark Grace (Mr. jailbird himself!  A Cardinal killer, Grace is a great addition.)

 2001 SP Game Used Edition Authentic Fabric - Tony Gwynn (another Gwynn addition!)

 2006 Tristar Farm Hands Autograph Short Print - Brad Lincoln (4th overall pick of the 2006 draft, has had some success so far, I expect him to have a break out year for the Blue Jays.)

 2011 ITG Heroes and Prospects Autograph - Tyler Matzek (Rockies farm pitcher, was a top tier pitching prospect but hasn't done well in his two years in single A)

2005 UD Classic Moments Relic - Carlton Fisk (who wouldn't love to have a Fisk relic in a Red Sox uniform?)

2008 Tristar Prospects Plus Farm Hands - Tyler Chatwood (one of the pitchers who may be in the starting Rockies rotation in 2013.  Had some ups and downs for the Rockies in 2012.  Hope he can bounce back!)

3 comments:

  1. Two things:

    a) Just send me the Petrick now. Don't dilly-dally.
    b) Is there really that huge amount of white space on the Burrell card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a tremendous haul.

    I just picked up my first Petrick auto from a card show this weekend (from an SPx product.) It had been a long time in wanting and I finally grabbed one.

    Already one of my favorite cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I did a double-take with that second Wheeler card. Same set, same last name, both batting left-handed. Just odd.

    Nice haul!

    ReplyDelete

No negative comments please, this blog is for fun and not intended as a business...just a collector giving some views.