Friday, September 21, 2012

Yaz Rookies x 2 Years!


What is strange about Yastrzemski's first two cards in 1960 and 1961, they are the same photo.  I know this isn't new to anyone, these cards have been out for decades.  I found these at a local consignment shop and found these two cards, the 1960 was marked $60 and the 1961 was marked $20.  Then there was a sign that said $75 for both, and on top of that, the case had a 50% OFF sign! Just like that, around $37  I was now a proud owner of two Yaz rookies!  Not only are the both rookies, but they are the same exact picture!  You would think Topps back loved to paint on the hats and make them have silly looking logos like the one I made below! haha, sorry Boston fans!


Now my question, why does he have two rookie marked cards for Yaz?  I have seen a real rookie card, then the next year have a Topps All Star Rookie Trophy as seen below with the 1967 and 1968 Topps Tom Seaver. 



I remember more recently Tino Martinez had cards marked Rookie from 1990-1992.  At least now there are actual guidelines on a rookie card, now card makers can't just keep printing cards that state rookie after they have played for three years. 


1 comment:

No negative comments please, this blog is for fun and not intended as a business...just a collector giving some views.